Monday, August 24, 2015








Dear Parents,

I have presented Challenges this year to your children, in mathematics.  Each week, I will give students two to three challenges.  I will tell them when they are due.  You can see this on the first page of the website.  These Challenges are for your child to decide to do.  I will encourage all students to do at least one.  You are welcome to encourage your child to do them. It works best if your child makes the decision. Giving students options will let them figure out how much to do.  If your week is very busy, they may only do one.  If it is a routine week, students may do all three.  All children will be required to work hard during the class time to understand the math.  The challenges just make them stronger in the subject, however they need the freedom to have control over what they are choosing to do.  If I feel that your child is falling behind, then I will begin meeting with them.  I have time before school, at snack, recess, lunch and after school.  My goal is to help your child do their best and work hard to understand all the math concepts that are being presented.

The Challenges will start off easy and then one will remain easy and the two other ones will progressively get harder.  If your child is struggling and wants to complete one that is too hard, they are very welcome to have me help them.